Monday, April 20, 2009

This Friday April 24th is Nouveau Poor - Free Comedy/Music Variety Showcase @ Comix!

As you know it's promotion time again! I won't bore you with the super long paragraph that I can't be bothered to update, but faithful readers you should come and check this ish out. Plus there may be a documentary crew filming the show (I wish I could say it's for me but it's not [sad-face here]). Anyway, try to come and I've linked to the Comix website directly for more details!

PS: I really REALLY hate the new Facebook. I needed to hit up an FAQ to find out how to make an event and then the damn thing kept crashing when I tried to invite people. Now the thing is that I wanted to invite strategically (i.e. not people who don't live in New York City) but that didn't work so now almost my entire list was invited. So basically I'm sorry if you live in Alaska and got an invite and I'm sorry if you actually live in NYC and didn't get an invite. I'm workin' on it!

Whoever thought the "New Facebook" was a good idea needs to be put out to pasture. Hell, I didn't even like the old New Facebook. Enough curmudgeoning, here's the info. And without further ado:

Nouveau Poor:

DATE: April 24th 2009 (Friday)
LOCATION: Comix (Ochi’s Lounge downstairs) – 353 West 14th Street east of 9th Ave
TIME: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
COST: No cover, 1-item minimum

Comedy By:
Jiwon Li (NBC’s Stand Up For Diversity, Comedy Central’s Open Mic Fights)
Dan Hirshon (Boston Comedy Festival 2008, contributor to The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Jokes)
Selena Coppock (Detroit Comedy Festival, Texas’ Ladies Are Funny Festival)
Joe Pontillo (Broadway Comedy Club)
Desiree Burch (featured in New York Magazine, 52 Man Pick-Up)

Musical Comedy By:
Kelly Dwyer (Hysteri-Killy, a one woman show – featured in New York Metro and Go Magazine)

Special Music Performance by:
Adam Dunstan (featured MySpace performer, as seen on That 80s Show)

No comments: