Friday, May 11, 2007

End Of An Era?

NOTE: Time on blog should be 05/21/2007

Well, it seems like it's both the pit and the pendulum for the "Hey You're Cute!" Comedy Show. I just got word from the powers-that-be about the venue closing down for an indefinite period. So, there is no more me hosting the show at the East Village Lounge.

Usually this is the point where I get all psycho and start writing a run-on sentence typo-ridden rant about how the place was awesome and why was it closed and damn the world arghhhggghhh!!!!!1111one

I can't though, because it really wasn't anybody's fault. It's been a really fun run and I've gotten to work with some great comedians and honest people. Considering it was my first time running a joint, I'm pleased it didn't go terribly. Sure it was hard work and sure there were some damn annoying clients, but the place was like my second home. And it's going to suck being back out on the streets, dropping $10+ to go to unsupportive rooms where other hosts won't even listen to your set. (There are actually quite a few really sweet rooms--the bitterness leaked out a little there)

Seriously, the show may have it's off-nights but overall the "Hey You're Cute" show was an experience. The place was something really unique--it wasn't a cattle call of comics, it wasn't a bitter AA meeting, it was a place where people could be expressive and try shit out and network.

I'm looking for a new place so I'll keep you posted! Don't worry; the show will return anon.

And to all the comics I met, be you people who've been in the game for years or people who did their first set in the room, I wish you all the best. It truly has been a pleasure!

No comments: