Friday, December 22, 2006

Best Show Ever...

I just had the best show ever yesterday! Not only did I have a real audience, I also had real comics! I don't know what it was, but my set turned out really well--which is a huge step up from my puke-poor show in CT. I only wished I could have taped the set. It was weird; for once I actually felt like I got how to do comedy. What I mean is, I really understood the mechanics of being funny and working a room.

Unfortunately I've been ill and sleeping all day so the magic has worn off but it was still a kick-ass show. Thanks to everyone who came out to support, to everyone who performed, and to everyone who bought a lot of alcohol (the bartender loved you). Happy holidays!

So far these are the shows I have booked for the New Year:
January 12, 2006 - Mo Pitkins No Name Show (free!)
January 30, 2006 - Caroline's New Talent Showcase ($5 plus 2-drink min.)

And the Most Eligible Comedians show will be on hiatus for a bit, but we will return possibly January 11. Address: 186 East 2nd Street bet. Avenue A and B. [Manhattan]

Plus, the COMIX show I do promotions for is having its final show this Tuesday (December 26th) at 8:00 PM. It's got a real good line-up of writers and stand-up comedians and afterwards there's a Q & A with the audience. Address: 353 West 14th Street close to 9th Avenue [Manhattan]

Thanks again for your support!

No comments: